Performing initial setup of the camera
After purchasing the camera, you can perform initial setup of the camera, such as date and time setting, from your smartphone.
Here, we explain the process from first turning on the camera after purchasing it. If you perform setup later, view the respective relevant items.
- The screens and wording displayed vary depending on your camera.
- : smartphone operation
- : camera operation
Turn on the camera.
Follow the on-screen instructions, and on the [Connect Smartphone] screen, select [Connect a smartphone].
- If you choose [Do not connect], refer to "If you did not set up a connection initially" at a later date to connect.
Follow the instructions on the screen to set [Bluetooth Settings] to [On].
When a QR code is displayed on the camera, scan it using the smartphone.
- When you cannot connect by the QR code, open the following website from a browser or enter this URL. www.sony.net/ca/
Follow the instructions on the screen to install Creators' App.
Launch Creators' App, and select [Start connecting] from the [Connect camera] screen.
- If you select [Skip Connection], refer to "If you did not set up a connection initially".
Select [Next] and proceed in accordance with the directions on the screen.
- The devices will be connected (paired) over Bluetooth. Enable Bluetooth Settings on your smartphone.
When the camera name appears, select [Connect], and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the devices.
On the camera, when [Connect Smartphone] or [Allow pairing with the device?] is displayed, select [OK].
- The camera is connected to the Creators' App.
- On the smartphone side as well, a message requesting permission for the pairing may be displayed.
- On the smartphone, when the [Connection completed] message is displayed, the connection is complete.
Check the date and time, etc., on the [Initial camera settings] screen, and if there is no problem, select [Set up].
- The date and time information on the smartphone is transferred to the camera.
(Certain models only) On the [Camera Wi-Fi settings] screen, select the access point to connect to and enter the password as needed.
- Once you have completed the access point settings, camera images can be imported to Creators' App and then uploaded to the cloud while your smartphone is connected to the internet. The devices connect via the access point if it is available. If not, a direct connection is established automatically.
- If you select [Skip], don't forget to complete those settings later from the camera menu.
- This screen is not displayed unless your camera supports this feature. Go to the next step.
On the [Welcome to Creators' Cloud membership] screen, select [Sign up for an account], and register your Creators' Cloud membership.
- Once you register, you will receive the latest information about your camera.
- If you select [Register later], register later from (User Information) on (Home screen).
Camera connection icon
If you perform pairing of the camera and Creators' App with the Bluetooth function, later you can simply launch the Creators' App to connect the camera and the smartphone by Wi-Fi connection using Bluetooth. You can confirm the connection status from the camera monitor in the following way.
- Bluetooth connected
- Bluetooth not connected
- Wi-Fi connected
- Wi-Fi not connected