What is this?
BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System.
It refers to a piece of firmware which is run when powered on. Its primary functions are to identify and initiate component hardware, and to prepare the computer so that other programs can load.
What does it fix?
If your VAIO hardware supports Intel Virtualization Technology, this setting will be added to the BIOS. The VT setting is disabled by default.
Even if this BIOS is posted for your VAIO model, it will only create the BIOS option for models with a VT-compatible CPU.
To test if the CPU of your VAIO is compatible with Intel® Virtualization Technology, you can also download and install the Intel® Processor Identification Utility, which can be found here:http://www.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/sb/CS-014921.htm
How do I perform this update?
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click EP0000209847.exe to run it.
5. Wait while the wizard updates your software.
6. When the installation is complete, restart the VAIO.
Once the BIOS update is installed, the setting will still be disabled in the BIOS. To enable VT, please follow these steps:
- Start the computer, and press F2 multiple times
- Once you have entered the BIOS screen, use the arrow key to move to the Advanced tab.
- The item "Intel (R) Virtualization Technology" should be selected. Press Enter
- Use the arrow key to select Enabled, and press Enter
- Save your changes in the Exit tab, and shut down the VAIO.
Информация за файл
Име на файла
Архитектура на файла
- 32 / 64 bit
Размер на файла
- 3.22 Mb
Дата на издаване